Chernobyl is a historical drama that’s a co-production of both HBO and Sky UK. The show brings out the morbid and murky reality of the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster, that marred history forever. The horrendous incident that took place in April 1986 has been turned into a real picture where one feels numb after one point. The catastrophic incident from the past has been compressed into a miniseries which talks about major human follies, and the results of the same!
The show dramatizes the story of the April 1986 nuclear plant disaster that took place in Ukraine Soviet Socialist Republic ( Soviet Union). The miniseries depict the stories of the victims who suffered the disaster and also the ones who caused it in the first place! The series focusses on the unspoken bravery of the firefighters, the first ones to witness the torments of the disastrous incident, the volunteers and the mine diggers.
The main Cast comprises of:
- Jarred Haris as Valery Legasov, the deputy director of the Kurchatov Institute brought in to aid cleanup efforts.
- Stellan Skarsgard as Boris Shcherbina, the Council of Ministers’ deputy chairman.
- Emily Watson as Ulana Khomyuk, a nuclear physicist from Minsk.
- Paul Ritter as Anatoly Dyatlov, the assistant chief engineer at the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant.
- Jessie Buckley as Lyudmilla Ignatenko, the wife of Vasily Ignatenko.
- Adam Nagaitis as Vasili Ignatenko, a Pripiyat firefighter and first responder to the Chernobyl fire.
- Con O’ Neill as Viktor Bryukhanov, the manager of Chernobyl.
- Adrian Rawlins as Nikolai Fomin, the chief engineer at Chernobyl.
- Sam Troughton as Aleksandr Akimov, the night shift supervisor at Chernobyl.
- Robert Emms as Leonid Toptunov, the senior engineer at Chernobyl.
- David Dencik as Mikhail Gorbachev, the General Secretary of the Communist party of Soviet Union.
- Mark Lewis Jones as Vladimir Pikalov, the commander of the Soviet chemical forces.
- Alan Williams as Viktor Charkov, the KGB’s first deputy chairman.
- Alex Ferns as Andrei Glukhov, the mining crew chief.
- Ralph Inason as Nikolai Tarakanov, the chief supervisor of the cleanup operation.
- Barry Keoghan as Pavel Gremov, a civilian liquidator draftee.
- Fares Fares as Bacho, a Georgian soldier who trains Pavel.
- Michael McElhatton as Andrei Stepashin, the prosecutor for the trial of Dyatlov, Bryukhanov, and Fomin.
Chernobyl Poster Collection: 30+ Amazing Posters
Well, we have got you all the insights of the disaster, shown in this particular show. Read through to know m0re!
1. Valery Legasov
His character is drawn from real life Soviet Inorganic Chemist and a member of the Academy of Sciences, of the USSR. He basically supervises the investigation of the Chernobyl disaster.
2. Boris Shcherbina
He’s the Soviet Politician who’s also the Deputy Chairman to the Council of Ministers. He manages the Nuclear Disaster.
3. Ulana Khomyuk
Soviet Nuclear Physicist who is responsible for investigating the events that caused the Chernobyl Nuclear disaster. She plays an authoritative role and her character justifies the gravity of her position.
4. Anatoly Dyatlov
Plays the deputy chief engineer of the nuclear power plant and the supervisor of the catastrophic safety test that rather led to the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster in 1986. He was a key reason for what happened. Well, he does lands in prison, yet nothing close to what thousands went through post-disaster because of him!
5. Lyudmilla Ignatenko
Her character is that of an expectant mother who suffers the “bloodied death” of her husband, right before her own eyes!
6. Vasily Ignatenko
First one of the firefighters who witnesses the disastrous breakdown of Reactor 4. He dies at 25, leaving behind his pregnant wife in utmost trauma.
7. Viktor Bryukhanov
Plays the manager of Chernobyl.
8. Nikolai Fomin
The chief engineer of the Nuclear Power Plant who is sentenced to serve 10 years of imprisonment.
9. Chernobyl- What Is The Cost Of Lies?
The miniseries is based in large part on the recollections of the Pripyat locals, their suffering and unaccountable loss!
10. Erie Daily Times, Tuesday, April 29th, 1986
11. Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster
Well, the destruction was infinitely disastrous! This is how it looked right from the beginning.
12. Lyudmila Comes To See Vasily
The most heart-wrenching scene where Lyudmilla sees her husband die right before her eyes- A Bloodied Death. The worst part being, she expects a baby soon!
Nuclear Reactor 4 at Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant catches fire and this is how the scene looks like. There was nothing that could stop the fire till people in authority could actually comprehend!
14. The Mine Diggers At The Site Of Disaster
Andrei Glukhov- The Mining Crew Chief along with his team volunteer to fight the battle against something so horrendous. They dig into the mine right below the damaged reactor to find out the cause for the catastrophe.
15. Nikolai Tarakanov- Chief Supervisor Of The Cleanup Operation Team
16. Leonid Toptunov
He plays the role of the senior engineer of the Chernobyl Power plant
17. The Engineer Pact- At Fault
18. Reactor 4- Before The Explosion
Who knew that the cost of lies would turn down the entire human existence to ruins?!
19. Everything Into Ruins- Nothing Left After The Disaster
From hospitals to houses, and human existence, nothing was really left!
20. A Happy Ride Pre-Disaster Turned Into A Blurred Memory- Everything Into Ruins!
21. Even Lead Jackets Couldn’t Save Them!
22. The Meeting!
Legasov put to interrogation!
23. Chernobyl- The Scariest Show Of All Time
24. Quote By Mikhail Gorbachev
25. Most Famous Quote Of The Entire Miniseries
26. Mikhail Gorbachev
Our Power comes from the perception of our Power.
27. Famous Quote- Giant Wheel
28. Chernobyl Disaster
29. Trailer Release- HBO
30. Reactor 4 On Fire
31. Extra #1
32. Extra #2
Disclaimer: We don’t claim to own any images shared here. If you want credits or images get removed, please contact us.
Conclusion: Chernobyl Poster Collection
The show streams on Hotstar and is a hotshot in the Binge-watch market. The show also achieves a stupendous IMDb score, that is, 9.6/10, and 96% Rotten Tomatoes. Well, Chernobyl indeed seems to be the best dramatization of the greatest human folly in the history of disastrous results from the same! Meanwhile, you start to watch the show, remember what pulled down the entire human existence- LIES!
Also, our Chernobyl Poster collection is sure to give you the much-needed tour down the devastated lane!
Don’t forget to check out our other poster collection: